Basically, a tent is our home away from home, when we are out on our outdoorsy adventure and have to “rough it”, so to speak. However, “roughing it” shouldn’t mean suffering through a sorry excuse of a shelter while camping or backpacking. Thus, Marmot created its line of well-designed and high-performance tents for the backpacker or mountaineer with discerning taste and high standards for quality and style.
In the Limelight: The Marmot Limelight 3-Person Tent
The Marmot Limelight 3-Person Tent is a three-season backpacking or camping tent that can accommodate up to 3 persons with the following key features and characteristics.
- Roomy: With interior measurements of 43 sq ft / 3.99 m2, this tent could easily have room for up to 3 persons. There is enough elbow room so the occupants of the tent won’t have problems with a too snug fit. Two zippered doors on two sides provide adequate entrance and exit points. It also features a large 10 square foot /0.92 m2 vestibule which protects the gear from rain, moisture and other elements.
- Durable: The 3 poles are designed with DAC Pressfit-Fit 9.0 aluminum, ensuring their strength and durability. The fabric or material is made from 100% polyester ripstop and treated to resist UV (ultra violet ) rays. There is no fear of it stretching or expanding when exposed to extreme inclement weather conditions.
- Good Ventilation: The walls of the Marmot Limelight have mesh panels for added ventilation. A clear Window Weld also allows illumination during the day and a clear view of the outside.
- Lightweight: The material and the poles weigh only 5 lbs 15 oz (2.7 kg), a lightweight as compared to other tents.
- Easy Set Up and Dismantling: The pole clips and the strong stake tape allows for no-fuss set up. The same case is true when it comes time to break camp and store it away. The strong stake tape aids the ease of set up while stuff sacks are provided for packing and storing the tent.
- Additional Storage: There are interior pockets where you can store your personal items, thus saving you from having to stash your stuff on the floor, freeing floor space for human bodies instead of smaller gears.
More Than Your Usual Tent
The Marmot Limelight aims to take the place of a home while outdoors, especially with its extra features thrown in. It promises the comforts of having a good night’s sleep because you won’t have to worry about inconveniencing others when you have to get up in the middle of the night. Being organized might be the last thing you’d expect to be when you’re camping but, thanks to this tent, you can do exactly that.
Taking its name a bit more seriously, the Marmot Limelight is even designed with light-reflective piping. Aside from providing adequate illumination, it ensures that your tent won’t be missed or overlooked at the camp. Plus, doesn’t it simply look stylish with that?
Users Sound Off
Many users have been more than satisfied with the Marmot Limelight. They think “it is a well-designed tent with a lot of innovations that will certainly come in handy and make the camping experience even more enjoyable.” Many even claimed that, “for its price and the high level of workmanship and functionality, it is a very good bargain”.
Users Frown On
Some users think “the Marmot Limelight is quite heavier than other tents, making it quite an issue when taken on long hikes and treks.” However, since it can accommodate three people, sharing the load is the perfect solution for this problem.
A Home, Albeit Temporarily
Perfect for use by a small family or a group of friends, this won’t shortchange you in terms of comfort, quality, and style. On those adventures or expeditions where you refuse to go solo and you want to share the experience with others, the Marmot Limelight 3-Person Tent is, indeed, the ideal “home away from home”.
Where Can I Purchase and Read More Reviews for the Marmot Limelight Tent?
If you are interested in Marmot Limelight Tent, you can purchase it at a discounted price through Amazon.com. Here you can also read through more reviews and learn as much as you can about this tent before deciding if it is the best for you.
Marmot Limelight 3 Info and Specs
Weight: 5 lbs 15oz / 2.7 kg
Packaged weight: 6 lbs 11 oz / 3 kg
Capacity: 3 person
Floor dimensions: 93 x 66 in / 236 x 168 cm
Peak Height: 46 in / 118 cm
Number of Doors: 2
Number of Poles: 3
Packed size: 8 x 22 in / 20 x 56 cm